Friday, September 30, 2011

Sam James Coffee Bar (297 Harbord St)



The legend is true - their espresso is damn good and for sure the obsession with quality that these folks are known for totally does pay off. I remember reading that they re-calibrate the bean grinder to account for atmospheric pressure. Wow.

My thoughts on the walk to this place were 'it better be worth it' - given how far from the core this place seemed to  be by foot.

Here it truly is all about the coffee as the store is small and there's only seating for maybe 5 people (8 if you include the three outside stools). I like that actually - no clutter of food and other stuff - a true focus on the coffee only.

First sip - pow - great flavours and I pick up lots of citrusy-ness. I think it's a Latin American blend. Mouth feel is clean and crisp. Nice creama on top too - perfect.

Worth the journey - this one's a winner! 


Haha it was a bit cliche to say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment