Monday, April 26, 2010

Euro Crepe Cafe on the Danforth

Thought about going to Tim H's this morning, but instead I decided to try out a random cafe on the Danforth (582 near Pape).

When I lived on this street I must have walked by this place many times, but never went in. It's a cool little Mom & Pop place. The friendly owner was sitting on the patio in front when I approached the shop.

I ordered a double espresso and grabbed a seat - they have table service. It was cool, the owner was running the place solo. He brought me my espresso, a variety of sugars and a glass of ice water. You just pay before you leave. The espresso was pretty good and I'm wired now, so double plus.

Besides the neat euro-inspired decor, this place has a unique Coca-Cola fridge by the cash register. It's really tall and narrow - stocked with Coke products that are all in glass bottles. I was thinking imported, but I bought a Coke and it said on the bottle it's made here - go figure! Love it.

Well, this place is known for it's crepes, I didn't try one though as I am still stuffed from breakfast. Next time I visit I'll be sure to order a nutella one... yum yum.

1 comment:

  1. I should really venture out that way. I've never been on the Danforth!

    ReplyDelete