Friday, March 12, 2010

Soy in my coffee?


I am a strong believer in drinking coffee black so that it's possible to gauge the quality and taste profile of the blend. But, obviously many people add things to their coffee or order this concoction called a 'double-double' so their coffee resembles more of a mix drink.

Sometimes we can get impatient and don't want to wait for our black coffee to cool down to a drinkable temperature. Many times this has happened to me and I add milk to my coffee simply for the purpose of getting my much needed caffeine hit faster!

Well, last week I discovered a great (and less expensive) lactose free alternative to cream/half and half.... Silk for Coffee! I got the French Vanilla flavour, but it's also available in 'Regular'. This is a great product, it's very creamy and yummy! I have added regular soy milk to my coffee before and it really doesn't do my drink any justice. Haha this sounds like a paid plug for Silk, but seriously I just like this stuff, so go BUY it now!

1 comment:

  1. Here's a nice Irish Coffee drink that's just in time for St Patty's Day...
    http://www.drinksilk.ca/silk-recipe-detail.php?id=61

    ReplyDelete